Why can't these protesters see how privileged they are?

Coming from a 3rd world country, I can safely say people here are privileged af. They're whining about one bad cop but where I'm from, people are getting killed due to being a different race or belief and their government ain't doing anything. There are literally signs that say "no *religion* allowed." The US could really just say fxck it and go far right wing. They could stop all our government benefits. Lost your job due to COVID? Good riddance, you and your family can live on the streets. But no one really see this. The US is actively protecting us from NK and middle east, and anyone else with empty threats. These protesters are literally alive because they're protected. Why must they take things for granted and put democracy on the line? Yes, discrimination is wrong. But acting violent is only gonna feed in to the discrimination. Trump may suck but thanks to our wonderful check and balance system, he's being kept on check and we're not all dead or homeless. There are so much to appreciate rather than complain. Why can't they see that? What am I missing here? Someone told me I don't see eye to eye due to my lack of "solidarity" but sounds like a bunch of pride to me...

You’re a psychopath. 

"Don't criticise the government because otherwise they will allow you to die"

Apparently this is talking about the United States, the so-called leader of the free world - and not about North Korea.

• Jas B

You claim "where I'm from, people are getting killed due to being a different race or belief and their government ain't doing anything"

Well this is exactly what happens to black Americans in the USA and has been doing so for centuries.

So what the hell should they be grateful for, that it is a white man who kills them rather than a black one?

• Matthew1 month agoReport

There are tons of black ppl living here in peace. They are also privileged as well. Like I said, a few bad cops on black cases doesn't compare to what's going on in other countries. They're still getting government help one way or another.

I live in area that is mostly white. I do see a few blacks, but not that many. Overall I feel safe and it is a good neighborhood. From my previous post you can see that I am not a Dem and my landlord is a LIBERAL.  It is humorous when I see him watching MSNBC going on about the evils of the GOP and Trump while safely tucked in an basically all white neighborhood.  Today I drove to the store and saw this lone woman with a BLM sign. She was just basically ignored.

• Jack H

Trump IS turning America into a third world country...

Freedom comes at a price, you gotta fight for it sometimes and not let people walk all over you like they do in 3rd world countries. 

• Matthew1 month agoReport

But we already have freedom. I think we're just getting greedy and want more.