Is it bad to leave car on for AC?

My therapist only want to video chat due to COVID. Can I safely do it in my car with the AC on for an hour? Will it cause any wear & tear? Also, does engine size matter on fuel burning if just using AC only?

• Barry
    Favorite Answer

There should be no problem at all assuming your car is in good condition. The alternator will provide sufficient power on tick over to run the a/c and fuel use will be minimal. Keep an eye on the temperature gauge as if there is any cooling fault it will come to light.

• Matthew1 month agoReport

Thanks for your answer. My car is in pretty good condition but will turn it off if temp reaches over 200°F.

Any car should be able to handle that easily, with modern cars the AC hardly makes any impact on fuel economy at all. The coolant temperature may increase but as long as it doesn't get into the red zone you're good to go.