Jack asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 month ago

Why my download speed is slow and how can I check it?

What makes you think it's slow?  It depends on what speed the other end is achieving (their server could be heavily loaded), the type and condition of the connection to your router (fibre is much faster than good old copper phone wire for instance), the type and condition of your router and whether you're using wifi.  Wifi is always slower than a cable connection. 

The first and easiest thing to try is to use an Ethernet cable between your router and your computer. I think you'll find your speed will rocket. Try using speedtest before and after you connect by cable, you'll see the difference.

u check the internet speed with speedtest

• scott b
      1 month agoReport

That only checks transfer speeds with very small files. It doesn't test download speed.

If you don't know how to check it, how do you know it's slow? And download speed is also dependent on the speed of the other end. You can only receive it as fast as they send it.