Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

How to get over this feeling of being a coward ? ?

I have been in a situation recently it happened in the gym where a loudmouth guy accused me I did something to piss him off which made him angry enough to punch me. I did not react to him nor did I say something. I don't have a desire to hurt people. I walked away, because I didn't feel this guy being physically aggressive and he was just being a jerk. But later I felt so angry at myself, for letting myself get intentionally disrespected. Sill I felt really angry and it was kinda depressing and I wondered if I had done the right thing "put him in his place". How to get over this feeling? 

--He has left the town probably I won't see him again--

• Kieth

Call the cops on him and have him arrested for assault and battery. Nobody can punch you for anything you said.  If you are going to be a coward, at least know what your rights are.

Well, you could smash your face repeatedly into a brick wall.  Then you'll know exactly how it would have felt if you had tried to fight him.  It's disrespect or pain kid, the choice is yours.  I think you made the right decision.