Anonymous

Does this mean the future won't be good?

I had been helping my BF with some expenses but today he said, "Do not spend money on me in future. Do not waste". I said "It's ok" and that "You bought me for my bday too. I want to celebrate yours too". He then said "Will see" and the reason was because "I do not want to carry burden of money and gifts". I then said "Don't worry because we are a couple" which he then said "Ok fine. But make sure you are only giving by your choice". 

• Tj

He does care about you and does not want you to pay his way now or in the future. Try to get hi to get more schooling or a better job, so he can earn more. Do not be afraid to sit down with him and discuss the future with him. Be kind, he is hurting over this. Best wishes to both of you.

Imagine that you want to purchase a car. How thoroughly would you research it? Would you be concerned only about the outer appearance? Wouldn’t it make sense to look deeper—perhaps learning as much as you could about the condition of the engine?

Finding a mate is a much weightier issue than choosing a car. Yet, many who date don’t look beyond the surface. Instead, they quickly point to the things they have in common: ‘We like the same music.’ ‘We enjoy the same activities.’ ‘We agree on everything!’ You see the need to discern “the secret person of the heart.”

For example, rather than focus on how much you agree on things, it might be more revealing to note what happens when you disagree. 

If you want to know more feel free to see the source below.