Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Why am I always so thirsty?

Lately I’ve notice that I get thirsty so often, I’ll get up in the middle of the night with being super thirsty. I could drink a whole bottle of water in 2 minutes because I’m just always so thirsty. It’s not when I’m outside on a hot day or anything but it’s just because I am. I’ve also noticed that I’ve started to lose weight and I can’t seem to keep weight on. I’m 16 so it might just be my body changing but I’ve also noticed random bruises that don’t have a specific cause. Any idea why these things are happening? Or how to fix them?

• Andy C
    Favorite Answer

Kid, you're likely nearing diabetes II,  a metabolic disorder brought on by a diet containing regular sugars,  trans fats and/or alcohol. 

Get to the doctor ASAP and ask your mom or dad or teacher to read this book as it explains the biochemistry behind diabetes II and how to prevent it. 

I believe it is 80% of novel cases (new cases) are REVERSIBLE in the first 18mo.  After that, it's permanent. 

I hope that you are a troll just looking for kicks, but if not, your life is about to change and you can change it to the better, even if the diabetes II sticks.

Quit sugar and other sources of fructose like HFCS, honey, nectar, juice, molasses, maple syrup and white flour products (most breads,  crackers and pastas).

This is as short as I can make it,  but if you are like me and need scientific evidence/fact to convince me of something so seemingly ridiculous,  here's the book that has thousands of citations. 

Source(s): "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig M.D., a pediatric endocrinologist.

get checked for diabetes

That's a symptom of diabetes. You need to see a medical doctor as soon as possible. The doctor will probably send you to a lab or clinic to have blood drawn . A single or several finger sticks.isnt going to be enough data to make a detailed diagnosis. 

I am a type 1 diabetic for 65 years and counting. I was 2 years old when my pediatrician confirmed my mother's diagnosis. 

I am NOT a medical professional.