Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

What to say to this rude friend??

I recently bought a light puffer jacket in hot pink (the only pino I’ll wear)

Wore it recently (as it was cold!) and saw a friend for a walk and coffee (Id not seen her in ages due to Covid..)

After the hello how are you greetings she

smirked and commented on my “really pink and bright” jacket and how she hTated the color and cannnot understand how Id wear it and that she’s never seen me in

hot pink before, she kept making snarky comments about “oooh pink” and how “bright it is for me”

Why must “friends” be so nasty?

What to say to her? I ignored it.

We have been friends 20 plus years and shes always a little testy when she hates something..

No she was not jealous!

It was a cheap parka!

** pink

Yes she was being snarky and nasty, she was not “joking”

She does not have to be jealous of the parka.  Its you....  get it - good....

• J

You are being over sensitive. After 20 years of friendship, you guys should be able to poke fun at each other without getting upset. You were wearing a hot pink jacket! I’d probably make fun of you too. I’d rather my friend tell me my jacket is hideous than have her say nothing and let me keep wearing it.

• Foofa

Just tell her you know pink isn't to everyone's liking but you like this particular jacket. There was no need for her to go off like that. 

Tell her you love her. 

You seem to have a lot of rude friends as you are constantly posting on comments they have made about your clothing. Lol.

Perhaps you need to find some new friends, or come up with a new question to ask on here !

sounds like she mightve been jealous

Yes it was rude, but you knew that.  I don't  understand why you need strangers to confirm what you already knew

Best you can do is to ask your friend to stop commenting on your jacket.  Acknowledge she does not like the color, but this does not take away from your choice and personal preference.  You could also ask your friend why she focuses on that which she does not like.  What purpose does this serve?