Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Is 30 too young to use mobility scooter?

I’m a bigger women about 5’6 and 250 lbs and I also tier easily from about a decade of smoking. But I never used a mobility scooter at a store but know that I’m an old person is it morally justifiable. My knees hurt and I’m badly out of shape.

But an employee at a store told me I was too young to use it but I told him I’m 30 years but he still said that was too young.

I though once you are over 30 your al

lowed to be out of shape

4 Answers

Relevance
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Get a paper from your doctor stating you need to use it. Then show store employees and they'll have to let you use one.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Another retarded troll, another two free points for everyone else.

• 1 month ago

Does your doctor recommend you use a mobility scooter?

Or

Does your doctor recommend you increase gentle wxercise like walking to improve your overall health?

Being obese is not a reason to use a mobility scooter, it is a reason to increase your activity level to reduce weight.

• 1 month ago

There's a difference between having a legitimate disability and choosing to not take care of your health. There's no law against being out of shape, there's no law against younger adults using mobility scooters... there's the ethics of your using something that is meant to assist those who need it to access services. You are thirty, you are overweight, yes, but nowhere near disabling obesity. Walk in the store and leave the scooters for people who actually need them. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.