Should I as a 26 year old male pursue HVAC (already certified) truck driving or the railroad as a career to carry me into 2030 and beyond?

• Kyle
    Favorite Answer

all three jobs will be around for our generation.  HVAC will obviously give you income immediately.  even military has HVAC jobs.  and if it's in demand and with your certification, you might get other bonuses.  do some research or see a recruiter.

even government agencies have needs for HVAC positions

https://www.cia.gov/careers/opportunities/support-...

https://www.airforce.com/careers/detail/heating-ve...

All of these will exist for a long time.  It really is a personal choice.  You can do some research to see what salaries are and the potential for advancement into higher paying jobs using that background.

I'm not sure what you're looking at for railroad, but I would suspect that of the three that has the least number of opportunities. Also consider that truck driving (depending on what type) and railroad could mean time away from home.  You decide if that's good or bad.

If you've already got your air conditioner heating license stay with it air conditioning heating and refrigeration equipment repair is never going to go out of style you might want to consider expanding on your license to include automobile air conditioners. And get yourself into the phone book under 24-hour emergency repair there's always somebody that's going to have a broken air conditioner or a heating unit that's gone down and need somebody to come fix it

• Atum1 month agoReport

Thanks for your input friend.

i think you should do whatever you want

• Atum1 month agoReport

Thanks Pearl just exploring my options.

• Kevin

either one is good. those are true blue collar alpha male american jobs. assuming you are not a liberal, then you are a good american

• Atum1 month agoReport

I am Atomchrist.