Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 month ago

If my Allegiant flight gets cancelled, will they give me a seat on the next available flight for free? Or do I have to buy another ticket?

I tried finding an answer to this on the Allegiant website, but nothing addressed this issue directly. I also tried calling customer service but was on hold for ages.

In a theoretical scenario, my flight to/from my destination gets cancelled. The Allegiant website says I can book another flight on another day for no difference in fare (implying that I have to buy another ticket, right?), or cancel my remaining flight segments for a refund for those segments. But if I'm on a flight with no layovers, that seems pretty pointless.

Here's my main question: If they cancel the flight, are they obligated to give me a seat on their next available flight to my destination (if any are available)? Or am I just out the price of my ticket and have to buy another one to get home/get to where I'm going?

Has anyone else been in this situation with this airline? Did you have to BUY a seat on another flight entirely or did they just GIVE you a seat on the next flight out?

I have to fly later this year and don't fly often, so I'm nervous and just trying to plan for every issue I may come across. Please excuse my utter lack of knowledge on flight reimbursement policies.

Generally speaking, if you're flight is cancelled whether in advance or at the airport, You would be placed on the next flight available. However, because Allegiant does not fly every route on a daily basis, you may have no choice but to accept a refund.  Some city pairs operate once a week. The only exception would be if there was another airline flying the exact nonstop route which is pretty rare since many Allegiant flights operate out of secondary airports and to locations generally not served. Then Allegiant may be required to book you a seat on that airline.  For example, from Rockford Illinois to Las Vegas, they only operate one flight on Monday and one on Thursday so if they cancelled the one on Monday, you would either have to wait until Thursday or just get a refund and try something else.  Since Allegiant is the only airline that flies out of Rockford, Allegiant has no obligation to help you beyond rebooking or refunding.  

• TedEx

They will put you on the net available flight if there is a seat availabe, but beware. ON some routes, there are only 2 or 3 flights per week.

They reimburse you zero for food and lodging while you wait for the next flight

If your flight gets cancelled, you will be rebooked on another flight at no additional cost.

if you already have a ticket theyre not going to charge you for another one