Is it ok for me to use girl avatars even though I'm agender?

I'm non-binary but I was originally female. In video games for my characters I usually make them male, mostly to prove to myself that I'm not female. But I've started to make to make them female (mostly for roleplaying things). Is it ok that I'm roleplaying as a girl? Is there something wrong with me?

• Sky

It doesn't make the slightest difference.  Use whatever avatar you like, as long as it's not the same custom avatar someone else uses in an effort to impersonate them.  But why do you feel the need to prove to yourself that you're not female?  You know who and what you are on the inside, so if you're content with which gender (or lack thereof) you know yourself to be then the portrayed gender of a video game character or the perceived gender of an avatar should really be irrelevant to you.  Just keep in mind, our society and every language in the world is based on the gender perception of an individual being either male or female.  While you feel you are neither gender, people need a gender reference when referring to you for gender-specific language like pronouns.  It's awkward for others speaking/writing in reference to you if you insist on they/them/their/theirs pronouns because those are plural pronouns and you are a single individual, and it would be disrespectful to refer to you with the singular pronoun of "it", so I recommend you choose a gender reference you'll be OK with and stick with it, whether it matches what's between your legs or not.

Of course it's okay. I don't play a lot of video games, but whenever I use an avatar for anything, it's often a male character, even though I'm female. It doesn't define who you are in the least.

That’s totally fine! In most video games, nonbinary and/or androgynous characters aren’t presented as an option, so it makes sense that you would have to pick one character model over the other.

And even if they were, you’re still allowed to play whatever gender of character you want. Women aren’t stopped from using male characters, men aren’t stopped from using female characters.

Happy Pride Month! <3

Use whatever you're most comfortable with.

i dont see why not

I've come to ruin your day with the Bible and I am not sorry.

Romans 1:20-32

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

I had to look up agender

Gender in roleplaying is vague, the whole point of rile play i'd assume is being a form you are not, so a guy being female sounds perfectly normal.

As long as your honest about it nobody is hurt and you're enjoying yourself - nothing is wrong with you.  Fact is if you cute and good i wouldn't mind you on my side lol

If you were born a female and are trying to prove to yourself that you aren't female what was your first clue?

• 1 month agoReport

None of your business really is it? You don't have to be an *** Steve just go onto a different section.

Single player, yes.  Multiplayer, no.  In multiplayer games, other players will constantly be asking for your personal info or to go on dates with you if you use a female avatar.  

In a video game, yes since they don't actually know who you are