ivy asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

How to heal from childhood damage ?

Hello

I don’t really know where else to turn but

Basically I was brought up with my grandparents and I still saw my mum on weekends. She was heavily into drugs at the time and would often send me to collect them obviously I was unaware of what was going on as I was a child.

Come age 7/8 shed constantly have men in the house and at one point one of the men decided to sexually abuse me. He was a family friend was constantly round the house. I was 8 years old and I knew it was wrong. I told my mum a few days after and she didn’t do Anything. In fact The same man was back in the house about a week later almost like nothing happened.

Since all this I haven’t been the same, I just feel so powerless and depressed everyday. My mum isn’t a great person but she has never even acknowledged it. She’s very loud, popular and I still talk to her because I kinda have to I’m 23 now but she’s only interested in herself then complains why I’m closer to my grandparents. 

I hate the fact she feels she’s done nothing wrong, I hate how she makes me feel and I don’t know how to deal with it 

maybe you should get some counseling

Go to a therapist and tell him what your goals are and then work on them.