Fellow lesbians, what would you do if your girlfriend turned out to be transgender (ftm)?

Favorite Answer

There are a depressing number of lesbians who think since they don't fit stereotypes of women, that must mean they're really men or "non-binary" or whatever the new self-loathing misogynist term is. The world is very hard on lesbians, especially butches. If my girlfriend announced she wanted to be considered a man, well--what do you expect, ti would be over. I would still see her as a woman, but that's not what SHE wants, so how could we have a relationship?

I'd be very happy.

That would be Boyfriend then.

You need to make a decision. It doesn't matter what anyone else would do. Is your relationship strong enough that you'll still be sexually attracted when he starts to transition? You're under no obligation to stay with him if you aren't comfortable with it. You entered into a relationship with a female, you have every right to opt-out if that's not what you want. 

• This wasn't a personal question, lol. This hasn't happened to me and never will. I was just wondering what other people would do. It was a curiosity question for me. But thanks for the thoughtful answer.

I couldn't even be with a butch lesbian let alone a trans guy, the masculinity is really off putting. So it would just not happen as I would sense their masculinity early on. 

• reme_1

I hope I would have talked to her in depth in the beginning of our relationship and know her well. 

To be honest I don't know.

It would be very difficult at first.

We would have to take things one day at a time and see where things go.

I would kick her hairy *** out of the house!

• JASON

Don't confuse me. I get confused when someone says their wife did this, then they say they're a woman.