Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 1 month ago

How do I fake a hit and run?

Well someone actually did hit  my car  ... but it was day’s ago. And I couldn’t call the police at the time Bc I was drunk I’m 22 and this is my parents car and I am on their insurance. My parents are strict and will probably take the car so I need a good enough lie to tell to the police and to my parents on how this happened. Also my bumper in the back is hanging too. 

It wouldn’t be fraud, someone really did a hit & run on front bumper. I did it to my car own my own in the back 

I told the truth guys. 🙄

• F

I knew someone who crashed his own car ( not me honestly), while drunk. He ran home and then phoned the police to say his car had been stolen. They eventually saw through his lies and he got charged and convicted of wasting police time. However, by the time they decided he was lying, they couldn’t prove he had been drunk, so he got away with that . His fine was much lower than it would have been for drink driving and he kept his licence so he regarded it as a result.

However he could well have been charged with fraud or perjury and been jailed.

Fling a false Police Report is a felony.  Filing a false insurance claim is a felony.

So when you file the Report, give the correct date.

Your parents' premium is going to go way up either way.

• car253
      4 weeks agoReport

Premiums do not go up due to a not at fault accident like a hit and run.

Honesty is the BEST policy.

Well if your stupid enough to try, You will have to fake love for your cellmate for the next few years as your going to be his favourate sex toy!

Unless you have a license number of someone who actually hit you, then you can't "fake" this as a hit-and-run. You screwed up--and you need to take the responsibility. They SHOULD take your car. 

• May

"Oh what a terrible web we weave when first we practice to deceive"

Not gonna work, buddy.  Insurance companies and cops have all seen this gag way too many times before, so don't try. 

You're thinking if you can just come up with a perfect enough story, with just enough details but not too many or too detailed, everyone will believe you and you'll get away with it.  Don't think you're the first guy to try, in fact you're not even the first this week.  

Here's your problem:  Cops and insurance companies ask very specific questions, and they record the answers word for word.  Then they have someone contact you a few days later and ask a whole bunch of new questions.  Then they'll contact you again, and just want to clear up a few little details.  Then they'll compare your answers with the cops' report and your original statement. 

And then you're busted.  They made it sound like they were asking all new questions the second and third time, which let you go off your script, but they were actually asking the same questions.  Nobody can hold a straight set of lies together through that process, even people who know it's a trick.  I've seen a lot smarter than you get tripped up in the process.

Start now on getting used to walking.

Insurance fraud can get you some serious jail time. 

Anybody else see this going downhill from here? There is no "good lie" in a situation such as this.