Will employers look down on me if I have a gap on my CV after I got laid off due to COVID-19?

I'm from the UK. I was furloughed in April and will be laid off next month (July). I'm not confident I'll have a job for a few months. Are future employers likely to look down on this? I've been searching for jobs to no avail so far. I'm doing some self-study to keep me occupied.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I think employers will very much understand given the circumstances.

Future applications will benefit from showing you used the time well; studies, volunteering etc. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

I doubt it, these are unprecedented times we’re in.  There are bound to be all kinds of weird things because of this.  

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

no..............................................................

• I don't think so. Millions of people around the world are in the same boat as you are. I would hope employers wouldn't look down on that. But also, I wouldn't be surprised if a few interviewing questions changed during this time.

Brush up on your skills as well as interviewing skills, while you're 'self studying'.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Don't be daft it's going to be you and thousands of others. Our economy has gone down the pan, thousands of businesses have gone bust. There will be mass unemployment.

Keep studying and apply for what is available.

Good Luck.

UK.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.