Will employers look down on me if I have a gap on my CV after I got laid off due to COVID-19?

I'm from the UK. I was furloughed in April and will be laid off next month (July). I'm not confident I'll have a job for a few months. Are future employers likely to look down on this? I've been searching for jobs to no avail so far. I'm doing some self-study to keep me occupied.

I think employers will very much understand given the circumstances.

Future applications will benefit from showing you used the time well; studies, volunteering etc. 

I doubt it, these are unprecedented times we’re in.  There are bound to be all kinds of weird things because of this.  

• Judy

no..............................................................

• I don't think so. Millions of people around the world are in the same boat as you are. I would hope employers wouldn't look down on that. But also, I wouldn't be surprised if a few interviewing questions changed during this time.

Brush up on your skills as well as interviewing skills, while you're 'self studying'.

• Tavy

Don't be daft it's going to be you and thousands of others. Our economy has gone down the pan, thousands of businesses have gone bust. There will be mass unemployment.

Keep studying and apply for what is available.

Good Luck.

UK.