Can you recall a time, other than the Civil War, where we have been more divided? Each side seems to hate the other. How does this ever end?

In the 70's the KKK was still lynching blacks about once every 6 months,if I recall correctly.

I don't think we have had one since '79.

Having been an activists during the 1960's  When there were Anti Vietnam activists, black Panthers, and women's rights activists that divided the country yes I remember also there have been race riots the civil war and the labor strikes divided the country rather intensely.,

The civil rights era and Vietnam was pretty divisive. The civil war like you mention, the labor strikes in the early 1900's 

• Foofa

I don't recall it 'cause I wasn't alive but between 1963 and the end of that decade the Capital Building was bombed and four leaders, two white/two black, were assassinated. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. 

• a2yar

1968 vietnam............

Yes.  1968.                                 

• Lili

We had the Civil Rights movement, with black people being attacked on the streets during peaceful protests, then major race riots in many cities, and THEN anti-war protests in the 1960s. Believe me, those of us who lived through all that aren't hugely fazed by this current situation.

• Susie

Believe it or not, this is EXACTLY what the liberal leaders want and have planned for for decades.  Total anarchy will give them an easier time to “step in and save the day”, while rebuilding the US into a different country.  A socialist/communist- like regime. 

Probably the 60s.