Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 2 months ago

Are we required to tell potential buyers about snake infestation?

As a realtor, I recently listed a new home that is a bit in the country and has a water source nearby.  They are having bouts of snakes entering their home including through the toilets.  I don't feel this is something we have to disclose since it's just mother nature and not a problem with the home.  I want to get my client the most banger for her buck and myself as well.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Yes, you need to disclose this if its an ongoing problem.  If you don't disclose this then you are practically asking to get reported to the realtor board, or sued.

• 2 months ago

"We" are not required to disclosure it and "you" are not required to disclose it.  The Seller "IS" required to disclose it and since you know of the problem, you would be wise to advise your buyers beforehand.  Otherwise, I see problems for you, as a realtor.

• 2 months ago

Snakes don't come in through toilets, you idiot. They don't live in septic systems. What happened--did you run out of ways to troll about real estate on your other dumb questions and this is the best you could manage?  

• 2 months ago

Troll......................................................

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mark
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I suggest checking out some adult entertainment sites.  There's actually a category for Real Estate fantasies.  You may find more "satisfaction" there.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Another realtor wannabe Troll.

• 2 months ago

It would depend on the state to be sure, but almost assuredly, yes, you do.

• R P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Snakes up thru the toilets is normal in Trollville or so I've heard.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes              

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.