Would you trust a joint of meat in a shop that claims to be high quality and organic, while containing 8% water, as bulking agent?

Can you say first if you are American as I am asking this on Yahoo UK 

Grass fed before organic. Organic doesnt mean much. If you buy grass fed it is organic and way better

as long as it is not Muslim i dont care

• Tavy

No, I asked my husband retired Caterer, he said it is done to increase the weight.

He would not buy it.

UK.

• kswck2

Well, many other places will infuse it with up to 20%, so.....

• Claiming to be high quality is meaningless. And organic foods can be made with almost as many poor practices as non-organic (well, in the US at least - I know you aren't, but it's probably similar). Is the water percentage called out? Is it maybe a flavor injection? I would run away from beef or lamb with added water. There is no reason for that to happen. Unlike poultry that is often chilled with water after slaughter, mammal carcasses would not be exposed to water like that and even if they were, they're huge and can't really absorb much. So no - I'd take a serious pass. And as a side note - I always try to buy poultry that has been air-chilled for that very reason. It costs more, but the texture and flavor is better.

• Goerge

There are many "meats" out on the market and your vague question speaks to your experience more than it does about its own self. 8% water added, as bulking agent is not something I've seen on "meat" packages. Up to 8% water added might be believable but your question is inflammatory and weighted to answer your own question. 

To be clear organic meat is speaking to how the animal was raised and not how it was processed which is what your question is asking about. The added water and your question come well after the organic phase. High quality is an empty marketing term. Organic is only slightly better.

What is the "meat" in question? Ham? What does it really say on the package? 

Having water as a bulking agent doesn't really have anything to do with being high-quality or organic. I'd assume it was both of those things if the shop said so, if I had reason to doubt it I'd contact whatever body is responsible for food and trading standards.