Why is it that people with diabetes are told that they be forced to stay at home?

While everyone else gets to move on with their lives, go back to school/ work whatever

Because diabetics supposedly have surpassed immune system. Speaking as a TYPE 1 insulin dependant diabetic of 65 YEARS. and counting who is NOT insulin resistant AND has survived viral pneumonia and ARDS ( a CIA respiratory distress syndrone) I have been VERY skeptical if that true for 2 or more decades. 

NO one is being FORCED to stay at home. IF someone is forcing YOU to stay at home, you are being abused. Call LOCAL law enforcement, NON emergency number UNLESS it is a domestic abuse situation. 

They want anyone that has a possible lowered immune system due to chronic conditions (which diabetes is one of many), to think before they or a family member goes out to expose themselves to corvid or anything else contagious, to think before they do it.

If the person with diabetes is otherwise healthy, with no other underlying conditions, heart disease, respiratory issues, autoimmune deficiencies, etc, to not take the risk of exposing themselves or others at home. Or to at least take reasonable precautions to lower that risk. 

I work in the healthcare field, and also have type 2 diabetes, but since I'm an essential worker, I do everything I can to keep myself, friends/family and clients as safe as possible.  So as long as you are aware of the risks from going out, you are allowed to go anywhere that anyone else goes. 

Their health is more fragile.

Not sure why they are forced to stay home.  No clue what you're talking about.  

Because us that are diabetics are at a higher risk of getting the corona virus than those that are not diabetics and personally because my daughter is a nurse in ICU and where I live only front line workers are working and our schools are not open yet and personally I would love to go back to work.