Nicholas asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

What could this be based on my symptoms?

Symptoms:

Whenever I close my jaw, my hearing in my left ear gets extremely bad to the point of almost being deaf.

If I grab my earloab and pull it down, I can hear perfectly, then its like something in my ear slowly closes up and goes back to being almost completely deaf. What is this? And how do I fix it?

To really learn why closing your jaw makes you hard-of-hearing. It appears that the best diagnosis will come from a doctor in Ear, Nose, Throat(ENT). There are so many actions happening when you sneeze, cough, and air in your Eustachian Tube is active. I have bad sinuses, and frequently when I blow my nose I hear and feel air in one or both ears. Perhaps the pressure exerted when you close your jaw is affecting your hearing. If your condition continues, ask your doctor for a referral to an ENT clinic. I do not think you will learn the answer to your query by visiting doctors who do not specialize in ENT problems. In the meantime, visit Google and read about Eustachian Tube. Choose Wikipedia from Google for best answers.

harrald

• Tavy

You have inflammation in your Eustachian Tube. See your Doctor.