Is it safe to go on a website from another country ?

I tried looking it up but it mostly gave me travel intfomation to other countries  and not the answer for my question.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

What determines whether is a web is dangerous is not what country it is in, but the individual who runs the site.  There are people in every country that run safe web sites.  And there are people in every country who run dangerous web sites.  There are good people in every country.  There are bad people in every country.

Also you have no way of knowing where a web site is located.  I know people in the US who run their web sites from third world countries because the cost is cheaper.  So an American site could running from Pakistan or Nigeria, or any where else in the world.  While a scam site in some third world country could be hosting its site in the US, the UK, or anywhere else in the world.

Even sites like Yahoo and Google host some of their pages in third world countries.  So you have no real way of knowing where country a web site is located in unless you take the time to research the site.

Now, there are some countries where law enforcement does not do might about hacking and scamming.  (That is why so many scams come from Nigeria or the Slavic countries.)  You want to avoid sites in those countries.  (Although they also have legit sites.)

But the country in which a site is located does not indicate that it is either safe or dangerous.  

• blank
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I was actually going to look up some stuff specially  from that country. Certain businesses to be exact. But thank you for you answer.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Ron75
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Some are safe but I would be very careful. Many will put viruses and malware on your computer. You can do searches about whatever site you are interested in going on and see if there are any reports about it or if it is on the bad list.

Ron

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Bob
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Edited because the questioner is clearly a moron.

Where a website is based has NO relevance to how safe it is. Your information can be phished by a website in your own country, if that's what you're worried about.

Instead of asking very general, non specific questions, explain what you mean by 'safe'.

Your question as it is is unworthy of someone at Level 7.

Safe in what way?

Do you mean are you more likely to catch covid-19 by visiting a foreign website?

Do you mean are you more likely to be a victim of identity theft by visiting a foreign website?

Do you mean are you more likely to suddenly turn gay by visiting a foreign website?

Do you mean are you more likely to be a victim of anal probing by aliens by visiting a foreign website?

Do you mean are you more likely to be killed in an automobile accident by visiting a foreign website?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.