Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 1 month ago

health insurance help?

I am applying for health insurance, i live in new york. right now i don't have any. I was looking online and saw the different plans but i am confused because the plans show a price per month and a price i pay. can anyone explain this? for example one plan was 400 a month, but it says i only pay 4 dollars. what does this mean?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Kini
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Nobody pays $4 for health insurance. Are you looking at your state's Obamacare or ACA insurance exchange? You might call them and get them to explain. Or,  you can call the Sales Dept at any major insurance carrier and ask that question. $400 a month for just you is high but that is without the ACA subsidy. Beside the monthly premiums, check what the annual deductible is.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Eva
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You need to go through the NY State of Health website. The price you pay is the price per month minus any subsidy you might qualify for due to your income. Make sure your income details and the information you enter on the site is correct. When you are selecting a plan, make sure your doctor(s) accept that insurance. The cheapest choice isn't always the best one.

• Zarnev
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The price you pay is after the subsidy is applied. The amount of the subsidy is based on your household income.

Source(s): Independent Ägent
  • 1 month ago

That's very strange.  Provide a link that we can click on and see what you are talking about.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.