Do men expect women will cook for them?

What if she does not enjoy cooking extra meals?

• LizB

The only person anyone should ever "expect" to cook for them is the chef at a restaurant, since it's literally their job. If anyone else cooks for you, it's a kindness and a favor. That includes if it's your parent or your spouse. If the female partner in the relationship enjoys cooking and generally prefers to take on that chore over others, then great! But if a male partner likes it more, there's no rule saying that he can't do it (in fact, in my own marriage my husband does far more of the cooking). And if neither partner likes it, then they can take turns or find other alternatives instead.

I don't, I learned to cook in home-ec classes and what they didn't teach me my dad did he was a cook in the air force and being the oldest my mom worked third shift and I was always first home, I also had to cook for my siblings and I don't mind sharing the kitchen.

A good sammich is required.

I don't.  My wife and I share the cooking, and tonight it's my turn.  I'm doing grilled chops, garlic mashed taters and brown beans.

• LizB
      1 month agoReport

That sounds delicious. =) 

some of them might