Ben asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 month ago

Can veganism cause hair loss?

Yes a vegetarian diet can cause hair loss if it is not planned properly. Vegetarians consume primarily plant-based foods, but may also include animal-based foods as well. There are different degrees of vegetarianism to include: Lacto (consumes plant-based foods and milk and dairy products)

Never caused me any problems in that area. However it did cause me to lose weight due to the non consumption of anything animal related and eating more healthily. ( lots more fruit and veggies in the diet) But as I have really thick hair anyway, unless it starts coming out in great wafts I'm not gonna notice too much. 

Yes. Vegans don't get enough biotin, other B vitamin, or collagen.  Being a vegan generally isn't going to provide the essential nutrients a human body needs in the long run without supplementation. 

• It's possible, if you're not getting enough nutrients and protein from a vegan diet then that could cause some hair loss. But other issues could cause hair loss too. If you're concerned about this if possible, you should see your doctor.

It's the leading cause of baldness.

Yes, it can, meat has all sorts of protein in it.