Cake writing?

Does cake writing need to be done in cursive. I'm starting to learn how to write on cakes for my job in the bakery department at my local grocery store. Problem is cursive was never my strong suit. Will it be acceptable to print on cakes. Only things I'll be doing is basically writing happy birthday, congratulations, etc. We do have a cake decorator but once in awhile I might have to write on cakes. 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Sandy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

You really need to ask this of your supervisor since different stores probably have different policies.

Users on here might say, "Yes, printing is fine" but your supervisor may have a different opinion.

You follow the instructions you get from the people who pay your salary.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You'll probably need to learn all elements of the 'cake writing', If you're 'learning' the craft, Ask your employers for guidance.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Cake writing is subject to what the Customer wants. 

• 1 month ago

That's a question for your supervisor.  If your bakery shows samples of writing that are in cursive, then the client is going to expect their cake to have cursive writing. If your bakery asks customers what type of writing they want, the customer will expect whatever type they selected.  If you are not able to do the writing, then you work with your boss so that you aren't required to do that part. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Agreed with Sandy... How are we supposed to know someone’s specific preference?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.