jimmy
jimmy asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

How do I make juicy sausages?

Made sausages for the first time and they turned out pretty good but they were kinda dry, I used beef, pork and pork fat in my mixture (don't know the ratio just used what I had on hand). Was there too little fat (Was about 1/4 Of the mixture)? Could I also add lard to make them juicy? Any help appriciated, thanks.

• Favorite Answer

My first instinct there wasn’t enough fat to begin with. It’s important not just to use fatty cuts of meat, but also pure fat or fatback. You can use lard, but why compromise on flavor if you don’t need to?

Second idea could be that your meats weren’t cold enough by the time they turned into sausage. Stick all your meats in the freezer for 15-30m before starting, and work quickly to help the fat stay solidified and prevent it from melting in your hands

• denise

The fat amount you added sounds ok to me , but I'm no expert, I just know that when you cook them - you shouldn't '*****' them [with a fork , or otherwise], because all the juiciness escapes and they spit!

Add butter helps or goose fat