Critical thinking involves self-reflection, what things have worked best for you as a student in this course?

Self determination.  Having enough will power to actually sit and spend time reflecting on things.  Wanting to do it enough to take the time needed.  With those tools you should be able to do it.

I always liked metal shop.

That helped.

• amy

insomnia leads to critical thinking and self reflection. Also did a bachelor of applied science majored bioscience and chemistry.

I was lucky. because I was illiterate, I was not fed the usual books. I thus had to figure out things for myself. I came up with some very different answers.

Mind you, it did mean that I got into some very heated yet interesting argument with my fellow shop floor workers.

What school are you attending that actually encourages independent thought? That's a radical concept these days.

• It was a radical concept  at any time

I am 70 and thus was in school in the 1950's - 1960's. Critical thinking was actively discouraged.