Ahai
Lv 5
Ahai asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 1 month ago

Do teachers still use the blackboard? ?

A regular blackboard that gets written by chalk. It's all about technology nowadays and it's been years since I've been at school so I don't know if things have changed. 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

No  chalkBoard chalk or substitute was causing respiratory problems we went over to a white Board 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

No, sometimes a whiteboard, but mostly it is digital-based with a powerpoint.

• 1 month ago

Depends on the teacher. I recently graduated a HS where some of the rooms had chalkboard and SMART Board or whiteboard and SMART Board. A select few had all three. It was all dependent on the teacher and the classroom (most classrooms had boards on both the front and rear walls)

• 1 month ago

I taught in the 80's and 90's in elemtary in the USA.  We still had chalkboards.  And now 10-20 years later, they use " white boards".  The ones that are " smart boards" are just amazing.. I don't know their official name,but they are a bit like a tablet, like a touch screen.  You should go visit a school now, you might smile at all the HUGE changes that have been made :)  it really is intriguing.  Each child often has a chromebook (computer) and they use those a LOT. the 5th grade class I was volunteering in, one day the Chromebooks weren't working and the teacher told them to get out their pencils and paper, and they moaned like they were going to die. I almost started laughing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes, those school which is not build in good finance. In our country most of the school use blackboard.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Chalkboards disappeared once whiteboards became widespread. Chalk dust is nasty to breathe and clean up every day, and teachers were glad to see it go.

• 1 month ago

They have been replaced by white boards, with erasable markers.  

• 1 month ago

I was a student from around 2001-2014 (c/o 2015, but I finished a semester earlier) and I honestly do not recall ever seeing any blackboards in any of the schools I went to. I'm not sure if other schools had them or when they were removed, but I do know that they pretty much all had whiteboards. When I started the 6th grade (2008), our school district's IT dept. had installed Smartboards in the majority of schools and classrooms. I now work as a computer tech at that same district and it was interesting seeing how things changed even nearly 6 years after I graduated. Most classrooms have Chromebook carts and they've installed newer versions of the Smartboard (or other interactive flat panel displays).

• 1 month ago

Where I worked (Retired in 2015) as a teacher, all the schools got rid of traditional black boards back in 2005.  They went to white boards, then we went to computer projection smart boards.  I taught middle and high school in The Eighth Largest District in The USA. 

Source(s): Retired middle and high school teacher.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.