Ahai
Ahai asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 1 month ago

Do teachers still use the blackboard? ?

A regular blackboard that gets written by chalk. It's all about technology nowadays and it's been years since I've been at school so I don't know if things have changed. 

No  chalkBoard chalk or substitute was causing respiratory problems we went over to a white Board 

No, sometimes a whiteboard, but mostly it is digital-based with a powerpoint.

Depends on the teacher. I recently graduated a HS where some of the rooms had chalkboard and SMART Board or whiteboard and SMART Board. A select few had all three. It was all dependent on the teacher and the classroom (most classrooms had boards on both the front and rear walls)

I taught in the 80's and 90's in elemtary in the USA.  We still had chalkboards.  And now 10-20 years later, they use " white boards".  The ones that are " smart boards" are just amazing.. I don't know their official name,but they are a bit like a tablet, like a touch screen.  You should go visit a school now, you might smile at all the HUGE changes that have been made :)  it really is intriguing.  Each child often has a chromebook (computer) and they use those a LOT. the 5th grade class I was volunteering in, one day the Chromebooks weren't working and the teacher told them to get out their pencils and paper, and they moaned like they were going to die. I almost started laughing.

Yes, those school which is not build in good finance. In our country most of the school use blackboard.

Chalkboards disappeared once whiteboards became widespread. Chalk dust is nasty to breathe and clean up every day, and teachers were glad to see it go.

They have been replaced by white boards, with erasable markers.  

I was a student from around 2001-2014 (c/o 2015, but I finished a semester earlier) and I honestly do not recall ever seeing any blackboards in any of the schools I went to. I'm not sure if other schools had them or when they were removed, but I do know that they pretty much all had whiteboards. When I started the 6th grade (2008), our school district's IT dept. had installed Smartboards in the majority of schools and classrooms. I now work as a computer tech at that same district and it was interesting seeing how things changed even nearly 6 years after I graduated. Most classrooms have Chromebook carts and they've installed newer versions of the Smartboard (or other interactive flat panel displays).

Where I worked (Retired in 2015) as a teacher, all the schools got rid of traditional black boards back in 2005.  They went to white boards, then we went to computer projection smart boards.  I taught middle and high school in The Eighth Largest District in The USA. 

Source(s): Retired middle and high school teacher.