Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

Football after High School?

I just graduated in the class of 2020 and I dread to say it might be my last year playing with pads and helmet on. Unfortunately, I didn't get any college offers and I'm going to a school where they don't have a football team so I'm pretty lost. I want to keep playing football, especially with pads on. Is there any way of playing organized football outside of high school?

Maybe. If your school is near a team in a semi-pro league, you may be able to catch on with them.

• Cu Tie

Considering that you graduated from high school, my best advice for you is to join a team in your local semi-pro football league.

Have you considered trying out for a Junior College team?

• Bye
      1 month agoReport

He said he’s already attending a school which doesn’t have a program. Presumably he’s not keen to downgrade to a lesser school.

• Bye

Some larger metropolitan areas have rec leagues. You could try calling some of the rec sports centers around to see if they have adult contact football, and if they don’t maybe they can tell you who does.

If none of that works out, you could think about a new sport. Hockey’s a good one if you have a real need for pads and hard contact.