What do you think about travel to UK from San Francisco, CA for July? I hope things will be better at least.?

• RP

It is unlikely things will be as they were in July. The end of last week the mayor postponed progress with reopening based on a spike in Covid cases last Thursday. There is no telling how long will be necessary to define the new normal, but it is doubtful that will be finished before the fall, at best. Actually, weatherize, the fall is one of the best times to visit San Francisco. You may want to consider rescheduling.

• Jahal

Too soon, in my estimation.

Anything could happen though.

I wouldn't plan any travel, especially international travel, that early.

You just have to pay attention to the travel news.  The UK has not ordered a quarantine for arriving passengers and hopefully they will get to July without having to.

• John1 month agoReport

Thank you. I hope you are right

• Ludwig

That will be fine, as long as you are vaccinated against AIDS and COVID, and have comprehensive travel insurance.

• John

Phase 2A begins today. Childcare, some other things. Phase 2B, which includes retail curb pickup, begins June 15th. Still no hotels, probably still no hotels in July.

And we have been having riots, as you no doubt know. So thousands of people have been gathering and breathing on each other. We shall see if that becomes a serious Corona virus setback. Some think it will.

I think that plans to travel to SF at that time would be stupid and would require the traveler to quarantine indoors for two weeks after landing.

This is so NOT the year for tourism international travel. Stay home. Don't be a part of the problem.

Don't. SF is a large city, and I don't know whether they eased their lockdown rules or not. If I remember correctly, they were one of the first cities in California to declare a shutdown.