Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 month ago

if the market crashes what will the retiring baby boomers do?

Go back to work? No jobs? Get ready for "non essential person" programs, Logan's Run?

Update:

MOST RETIREES HAVE THEIR RETIREMENTS IN 401K PROGRAMS?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

IMHO, the biggest risk for the Baby Boomers is inflation.  People have almost forgotten about inflation.  With inflation, the stock market could go up, but not nearly as much as inflation.

We're seeing this already in home-buying prices, and we're starting to see it in food costs.

• Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

but will inflation affect people that already have a mortgage set up? how?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Erik
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

My dad is retired and pretty old, he said he sold "half" of his stocks before the crash.  I hope he sold more than that.

• 4 weeks ago

Buy more stock.   If you plan right your living off part of your income and stashing extra cash to buy on market sell offs to increase your cash flow. Boom. 

• 1 month ago

they will go on facebook and complain?

• Erik
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

ha ha haaaaaa

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Some of us Plan for that and are not that impacted by a crash. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Keep working.              

• 1 month ago

I have a Union  pension, SS, rental properties and a decent stock portfolio. All my personal assets and home are paid for. Anyone retiring  should try to never have only one source of income and stay divested in multiple venues as well as minimize debt.

• 1 month ago

Since they have work experience they would likely get jobs over the Millennials who lack work experience.

• 1 month ago

Anyone who is retired would be a damn fool if they have a large amount of money still in the market.  By the time they retire, a large chunk of their money should be in low risk investments.  They should be largely immune to short-term market swings.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Republicans will cheer for killing what remains of the blue collar middle class.

• ...Show all comments
    • webcatman
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I am blue collar, Republican and   retired. I do not begrudge others success, like the covetous liberals.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.