Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 1 month ago

Took 28 credits in college? Too much? What’s wrong with me?

I was up for 2-3 nights in a row every week & maintained a 3.98 gpa. I like to overload on work so I don’t have to think or deal with problems in life. Is this wrong? Am I not normal? My friend said that I need help. I don’t need help! I should maybe just stop talking to this jerk

Tuition was free for me after 12 units. I got permission 

I don’t need help. I think this is normal

How is it wrong to work a lot? Everyone does that. I just use it as a healthy way to distract myself from grief and inner pain. I stopped self harming cause I’m working a bunch again now that I’m done with school. It feels good. 

Actually have no energy anymore like I used to 

You definitely are a workaholic, that's for sure. And the fact that you use work as an excuse to avoid life is certainly a concern, because it's not a healthy way to think or act. Your comment about not needing help suggests that you're living in DENIAL, the way most addicts generally do. So I agree with your friend. Even with a top GPA like the one you have, you still have the potential to have issues- including mental health issues.

I did between 26 and 30 units nearly every semester when I was in college as well.  It is not all that atypical.  Many do not do well under those kinds of circumstances, but some thrive.

What university allowed you to take 28 credits in one semester.  Full time tuition covers 12-18 credits and you have to pay for each credit over 18. So how much did that cost you? 

Yes you need help.

Troll post?