is Romeo and Juliet as an example of a good romance? is it really love?

We'll never know what The Bard had in mind concerning how much the two actually oved one another; he did not detail relationships in most of his works. But it is not a romance; the play is one of Shakespeare's many Tragedies. For the most part, his works are political, and the human condition of the characters in his plays is the drivng force behind who they are, how they got where they are, and how they get to where they're going. 

He presents his characters for what they represent; they possess flaws, so they experience conflict, very evident here in the conflicts of two families  He explores fate and free will in the human condition, and the role each  plays in our destiny.  These two 'star-crossed' lovers are young teens, so that might tell us a bit more about how Shakespeare views the relationship.

Hard to say, but I'd guess just an early case of "puppy love" or an "early mutual crush" but not real love.  Shakespeare was conveying an idealized relationship but the two kids were not old enough to really understand true love.

A romance is supposed to have a happy ending so technically it is a love story not a romance. It is weird that they were supposed to be young but putting that aside it is a tale of passion like Wuthering Heights. And you can have that, you can have a true soul mate. I had that. I had that for 20 years but he died. I didn't have the luxury of killing myself to be with him like I wanted to because I have kids. But now I've finally realised that I also don't want to be dead.

Also I really love Shakespeare! :-)

I got an A plus for Shakespeare at second year in university. Wow I usually couldn't manage an A plus for a whole paper but I did that time because I loved it and watched all the videos a lot of times.

If you have to write an essay about this be sure to use quotes from the play to back up points you are making. If you don't do that you probably won't get a good grade.

Of course, creation of Shakespeare. 

Personally, it has no resemblance to any love I've ever experienced--it's a complete fantasy. Romeo and Juliet were 13 and 14 years old. That's not old enough to even recognize love, let alone act on it. The play isn't about love anyway. It's about family rivalry and the consequences. So no, I don't think it's a good romance and it's not really love. 

No.  

1.  It's a story; not real life.

2.  They were creepy young.  Juliet was only 13.  Her 'love' was spawned just as much by the fact Romeo was forbidden as it was anything else.

3.  Romeo was figured to be anywhere from 15-17.  He was horny.

Personally I would argue it is not an example of a romance. It tries to be a story of star crossed lovers, fated to never be together in life due to circumstance, however the characters make this not so. Romeo rushes into decisions and gets with Juliet Juliet initially because his girlfriend Rosaline wont put out. Juliet is young and dumb and is happy someone is in to her. 

Theynever have any true romantic scenes or acts of togetherness that aren't overshadowed by the family feaud. There is the famous "Romeo Romeo Wherefore are thou Romeo" but even this is overshadowed by the family feaud as she is asking why it has to be Romeo. Why it has to be someone from the feauding family.

Their tragic deaths? Preventable. Both rushed into deathby not stopping for two minutes. 

The whole "romance" takes place over about a week. Not enough time to develop any true feelings beyond lust, which knowing Romeo and his reason for leaving Rosaline for Juliet to begin with, is what Romeo is feeling towards Juliet.

Romeo and Juliet is not a romance. 

It's a story about two teenagers who are in a relationship for three days, 

and cause the death of six people.

It's a tragedy. 

Yes, they risked their life to be together and stuff

romeo hot.........