Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 month ago

My dad is in the hospital?

My dad is in the hospital for an infection in his legs and my friend told me I shouldn't visit him bc I have a really bad immune system and I cld get the coronavirus do you agree with him? Thanks.

Favorite Answer

Yes, I would agree.

And it isn't just the coronavirus you ought to worry about when visiting a hospital if you have a compromised immune system.

There are all sorts of other infections that would pose a risk for you.

If your dad has a phone by his bedside, simply call him once or twice a day to see how he is doing. You can always send cards, flowers or other "cheer him up" gifts along with those who do go to see him.

go right ahead sweets😘

• ron h

If you haven't yet, you should call the nurse's station on his hospital floor and ask if he can have visitors and if the patients are wearing masks (to protect you).  I really think that if you've got immune prob's, you should phone him a couple of times a day.

I hope your dad recovers quickly. I doubt they will allow you or anyone else in the hospital right now. If they would or do I would suggest you speak to a doctor about your own health issues before attempting a visit. However do call him, it will be good for both of you.Take care.

I've known people who've been in the hospital recently and nobody has been able to get past the front door with them. Even the surgical waiting areas are one per patient. It's for everyone's safety. 

My condolences on your familie's difficulties. You should follow your ❤ and use your head too protect yourself and the people you care about. Take sensible, reasonable precautions too be safe and secure with your family members that are based on sound information sources and family's welfare in mind. If the person who told you the Corona virus is spread by you visiting your father, than insist your friend elaborate, so you know if you are dealing with someone who's not dealing with a full deck, if you catch my meaning. If your father can be blamed for world 🌎 disease pandemics, I want too learn how too randomly blame someone I don't know with my bad decisions and shortcomings. Evading responsibility for my own actions and blamming someone for the world going down the crapper sounds like a useful skill too have. Sarcasm aside, you need too find some new friends.

• ron h
      1 month agoReport

I've seen some bad answers over the past few years, but yours is one of the 3 worst answers I've seen.  You resent a man who's BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR HIMSELF AND OTHERS by avoiding spreading a disease that could kill him. I'm betting you drive drunk at every opportunity.  With passengers. 

• patty

phone him...............

• Tj

Stay home....but do call him often

• Tavy

Yes I agree, but here in the U.K. no hospital visits are allowed because of the virus.

Whatever kind of infection he has in his legs, you can't catch it by just being in the same room with him.  Corona virus is different--you catch it through the air.  But an injury that gets infected, that's bacteria.  It's not contagious.

I would certainly wear a mask in the hospital, and wash my hands as soon as I left.  I'm guessing the hospital will have a big hand sanitizer dispenser next to the door as you go out.  Use that, and then don't touch anything (including the door)  until you get back to your car.

• ron h
      1 month agoReport

We're told that masks keep us from spreading virus to others.  I think that in hospitals just about everyone is wearing masks right now, but I have no idea if all the patients are.  But you're right about CV19, not being connected with leg infection.