I need material but don't know what the name for it is? (like a big rubber band but not stretchy?)?

A tire? A belt? So non elastic rubber.

I know fabrics fairly well, so help me better understand what you're talking about.

First, do you mean fabric when you say "material"? Or do you mean the broader sense of the word, like in "raw materials"?

Does this fabric look like it's rubber? Neoprene? Is it leathery? Smooth or textured? What other uses have you seen it in--like would someone make a coat or a tote bag out of it, or a corset, or upholster a chair with it?

If you mean the other kind of material, what is it used for? What do you want to do with it?

These loops of the material that you want, how big would they be, both length and

width?

Edit: Everything I can find longer than about 7 inches is made of 100% cotton. There are apparently potholder looms that take 10-inch loops, but the loops I see manufactured for them are not the right fabric.

One potential sidestep of the problem would be to make your own loops out of a jersey fabric with a good bit of nylon or rayon it it. All jerseys curl toward the right side (the one with the pattern, if they're printed) so they'd probably make really cooperative loops.

• Rosela1 month agoReport

The material would look like nylon or polypropylene. I'd want the width to be about 1/8", and the length of each loop to be almost a foot long.