Anonymous

Why does Western media/people have to disrespect Asians?

Take Avatar the Last Airbender for example which is one of the greatest cartoon shows for all time. It is generally accepted that the movie adaption for that show was a joke. The acting is fake and the costumes are a mockery of the show which was based on Asian culture. Ghost on the Shell was also a stupid joke. They tried to incorporate Asian and Western culture which made it into a giant mess. Also they had to put a Caucasian female lead who acts very arrogant probably because she's Caucasian.

Look at the Asians in many leading western shows. They have to choose the ugliest Asian female ever to be in the shows and make her wear weird outfits. Asian fashion my ***! In many Western films it's the Asian female who gets raped or killed. The Asian man gets taken advantaged of in those films.

It is generally accepted that the Western media has no respect for Asian culture and think of it as a joke.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Westerners, especially those in the Anglo-sphere, are compensating for their own lack of a cultural heritage and identity. Christian fundamentalism and unrestrained capitalism stripped, sanitized, and commodified everything they had and left them with nothing.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Ching Chong Chink Chink Chong

Ok, so the new stuff didn't work for you. We'll just use the old stuff from now on.

(And btw, Hong Kong Phooey was the greatest cartoon ever. They even have him playing a Janitor)

• 1 month ago

🥴 No that's just Western Media trying to depict an Asian superhero anime as best as they could. Authenticity is your job. So it was whichever Asian helped design the set and hire the actors that made it look bad to you.

I've watched foreign films. And I've watched their American remakes. I notice that they cater to a different audience that doesn't care about those details. Which is why I don't like them either. 

However, it shows the producers loved the films enough to transfer them over to Western media. Because most Americans will not watch foreign films in a foreign language with English subtitles.

It's too much.

And it's not just Asian films either. They've done it to Swedish films. British films. Latin films. 

• 1 month ago

Ah so, most dishonorable 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.