Should I go with a 1988 Camaro with low mileage or a 2006 Audi A4 with average mileage? ?

So I'm stuck between the two cars because they're both dream cars... Well at least the Chevy is lol. Anyways, the Audi A4 is a 06' with 150,000 miles on it. It just passed Maryland inspection (which is the toughest car inspection to pass in the United States) and it has leather seats, sunroof, updated stereo and speakers. The Chevy Camaro on the other hand is a 88' with a swapped engine and transmission from a C4 Corvette which only has 40,000 miles on it. Its an older car so I'm afraid it may not be able to keep up with modern day driving, it also doesn't need to be inspected in Maryland because it can br tagged as historic. But here's the reason why I'm here... The Audi has higher maintenance costs because its a foreign, also it the insurance rates will be higher because it's a foreign. The Chevy on the other hand will be cheaper to maintain and cheaper to pay insurance for... Only thing is, the Chevy is so old, will I constantly have to maintain it more than usual? Somebody help me choose here lol.. No rude comments please thanks guys. Have a happy Sunday. 

Favorite Answer

You're going to wish you never bought an Audi. Ever hear of putting an Audi into the "service position" to replace a timing belt? The complete front clip with the AC condenser and radiator have to be pulled forward 10" after removing the front bumper. There are special pins that screw into the bumper mounts that the front clip slides on to gain enough room to even get at the drive belts. Go for the Camaro!

A practical and reasonably intelligent person would purchase a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry because they would actually be capable of going another hundred thousand miles with relatively few problems while the two vehicles you are talking about will nickel and dime you to death. But go right ahead and learn the hard way. It's your money you'll be wasting.  

• Rae1 month agoReport

Yeah kcuF you bro. 

Keep looking....there are better used cars to buy.

There are hundreds of cars better than your two choices.  Keep shopping. 

• CB

Some good info here  - worth a look - https://www.truedelta.com/Audi-A4/reliability-7