How would an inmate in segregation get a message to another inmate?

My boyfriend has been in the hole for five days now and somehow one of his friends called me yesterday just to give me an update on him.

I’m wondering though how he was able to pass my phone number along to this other guy because I thought they weren’t allowed any contact with anybody. It wasn’t his bunk mate, just another guy in his normal cell Block that he is an acquaintance with

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Segregation is supposed to mean you're not in contact with other inmates. Bet this other guy just somehow got your number and is trying to lure you into putting money in his canteen fund or something. 

• ItsBitzo
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

It definitely left me feeling uneasy b/c my boyfriend is very protective of my personal information. When I write him a letter he tells me to never put my return address anywhere on the mail inside the envelope in case somebody steals his mail.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

If your source is a 'friend' your boyfriend didn't introduce you to, you don't even know the person has even MET your boyfriend. You can BET the person is lying.

• ItsBitzo
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

I think you might be right because when I asked him why he had even been put in the hole, he said that he would just let my boyfriend explain it to me

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.