chris asked in PetsReptiles · 1 month ago

Help with iguana?

I got a baby (like week to month) old blue iguana last Friday, it’s been a week and day and it still hasn’t ate. I tried giving privacy, covering cage, and even force feed but it just won’t eat. I tried kale, spinach, banana, strawberrys and nothing seems to make it even want a bite. This morning it was energized, now it’s barely moving and seems to have a hard time moving. Whenever I set it down side ways it just lays there and before it would run off. Any help? Temp is fine, humidity could be better but I try my best. 

Try giving it some raw beef or crickets.  Even though many reptiles are vegetarians as adults, they will eat meat when they are young. Even the adults will often eat meat. They eat plants mostly because that is what is most abundant in the wild. BTW, many iguana babies that are sold in the pet trade are in poor health when they are sold. It is a good idea to make sure you pick a healthy one when you buy.