Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 1 month ago

What are some reasons why someone would transfer from a private school to public school if money isn’t a problem and their grades are good?

Favorite Answer

The parents came to their senses and realized that their child could get just as good an education at the public school. I know parents who have done this because the teachers in the private schools (who don't have to be licensed) weren't very good. (two parents hired my public schooled daughter to tutor their children in math because the teacher in the expensive private school wasn't any good). I know others whose children want to participate in activities that were available in the public schools- chorus, band, athletics. And others who transferred their children because the smaller private schools didn't offer advanced courses such as calculus, the 4th year of a language, physics, and so on. 

Some special public school programs are unusually good, and appeal to students who want the best education at the best price (free). Students from my kid's public magnet school program typically were admitted to the most elite private colleges, often with exceptional financial aid packages. Many of the students had attended excellent private schools until they were admitted to the magnet high school.

We need context.

Got expelled for some reason?  Didn't like the social life?