Tim asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 month ago

Do I need to unfreeze all 3 credit accounts for a realty company run a credit check on me?

I am having an issue removing the freeze on my experian account but my transunion and equifax reports are unfrozen will this still work?

Favorite Answer

only if you want to be approved.

• Judith

No.  Ask them which credit agency they use and unfreeze that one only.  Then after they've run the credit freeze it back up again.

• Judy

ask them which one they use

Maybe.  It depends on which they will run.  If they run only your Transunion or Equifax report, it will work.  If they run your Experian report, it won't work.

• Judith
      1 month agoReport

Stephen - I don't understand your answer.  I applied for a loan but they couldn't process it because I had frozen my credit.  They used Experion.  I unfroze it.  They checked it and I was approved.  Then I froze it back up again.  I'm not the person who asked the question.