How do people move to another city to find jobs, how do they afford housing other than hotels? By Saving account?

When someone gets a job in another city how do they able to afford and sign the lease agreements/buy a house/mortgage a house or condo or apartment without having more than $10,000 in their savings account?

Without more than that, probably not easily.  I did it, with more - moved to another country in fact.  Rented a really nice apartment - loved it.  With no job.  I applied and lived off savings until I was legal to work.  When I was finally legal to work, then I got a job. 

Believe it or not, people PLAN before they move.

Several ways.

1.  they have a job offer from a company that is paying for part of their moving expenses as part of their hiring package.  This is the kind of perk that upper management people could possibly get.

2.  They do have enough savings to cover renting a new apartment until they can establish something better in their new location.

3.  They sell their current house and use the money to buy a new house in the new location.

4.  They already have family or friends in the area and can spend a few weeks living with family while establishing their new job and finding a place to live.

The average person who lives pay check to pay check in a middle or lower management position or a blue collar worker is less likely to be able to relocate unless they do have family or friends in the area helping them relocate.