What should I do if I'm attracted to other men but too terrified of taking it up the butt?

• Craig
    Favorite Answer

"Taking it up the butt" is not a mandatory part of being gay.  You're sort of asking a question like "I'm a heterosexual woman, but I really hate it when guys ask to thrust their erections between my ample breasts.  What to do?"

It's easy, in both cases:  You don't like it - don't do it.  You don't have to abandon sex.

Enjoy your attraction to men, so far as it goes.  That doesn't have anything to do with what sort of sexual play you prefer.  No matter WHAT our personal preferences or dislikes are, there's always some little mismatch with the people we date.  That's all you're concerned about.  Little stuff.  If you like other guys, you like other guys - you still have to look for the right match.

• KaleyK
      1 month agoReport

Great Answer!

hi for a start it's your business if ur attracted to other men and you don't have to have it up ur bottom men ask these days weather u r top or bottom so stop worrying about that don't give up on meeting a man cos of that and if u do meet a man u can trust you could tell him you would like to try to bottom wi him he has to be gentle wi u and if u don't like it he to understand that if he loves u he will understand it's not 4 you not very gay men bottom you will meet the right guy good luck X

Engage in non-genitally oriented sex.

Then just don't and you can easily find someone who also doesn't have an interest in that and do other things, this makes me think you're not really a gaylord and just a troll otherwise you'd know this. A lot of gay male couples never go anywhere near there, it's just an assumption that they always do. I'm not even gay and I know that not all gay males take it up the botty.

• Sky

That depends on what your goal is, assuming your anonymous story is true.  If you want to overcome the fear of anal sex and learn to love it then you'll have to start practicing on your own when you're in the shower, first with fingers and then as you gain experience you can work your way up to sex toys or a small cucumber (cheap, disposable, and a variety of sizes).  With practice you'll know how to do it safely, comfortably, and pleasurably.  If receiving anal sex is something you absolutely never want to do, either find a boyfriend who is only ever interested in being on the receiving side so you can always remain on the giving/penetrating side, or find a boyfriend who also has no interest in anal sex.  I have one pair of gay friends who make it work very well because one only loves being penetrated (bottom) and the other only loves ever being the one doing the penetrating (top).  I also have another gay friend who really has no interest in sex at all, so they do in fact exist.

Repent for your wicked ways and run back into the welcoming arms of the Lord! 

• Sky

And don't forget to write a nice letter to Santa Claus, too!  You want to hedge your bets with all the fictional characters.

Yeah I'm not sucking on it I don't mind a good jerk off session but when it's over we're not walking down the street together holding hands we're going to behave like men not boyfriend and girlfriend and no I'm not taking it up the butt either

You are assuming that all gay men like an.al and that if they do that they want to be the top. 1) many gay men don’t do an.al at all. 2) of the gay men that do like an.al - some only bottom, some only top and some are versatile. So a bottom guy would not want to penetrate you - only be penetrated. 

Also - its really no big deal. Maybe an.al is something you’ll never do. But if you are curious - just try practicing on yourself with progressively larger dil.dos. Use lots of lube and enema your hole to clean out the poo. If  you learn how your body works on your own, you’ll know how to guide guys in should it ever come to that. Its just a matter of slowly increasing your tolerance. After all - some guys like being fisted. They have the same equipment you have. Its just that they slowly worked up to that level of width. Its just not that big of a deal!

maybe you should get some counseling