How much can you make with an associate's degree in Accounting? ?

Entry-level versus experienced. I hear there's a lot of positions that deal with payroll, billing, banking etc. 

My goal is to make between $30k-$40k. Would this be realistic with an associate's degree? Right now I really don't have the time or money to invest in a bachelor's/master's degree, so I was debating if I wanted to go to school for accounting or take my career in another direction. I don't want to go the CPA route.

• martin
    Favorite Answer

People always are looking for bookkeepers, and 30-40k in a metro area is reasonable.

• Shark

learn plumbing - you make double that

• Judy

No.  Would not be realistic with a bachelor's for an entry level job except in a very expensive city

• Scott

I have an Associate Degree in Accounting and I make six figures a year, but not in Accounting. I work in IT.

labour department:

Associate's Degree    $51,754 - $54,610Bachelor's Degree    $52,559 - $55,334Master's Degree or MBA    $53,291 - $56,159JD, MD, PhD or Equivalent    $54,024 - $56,985

Its a fairly useless degree. Not much different than high school bookkeeping.  Almost nobody is seeking people with an associate's degree. 

So I don't think it would be easy to earn $30-40k with one.

When I went there were only 2 college accounting courses. I later took Accounting 301 at a 4 year school. The book was thick as heck and I dropped it after the first class.

There are clerical jobs but not $30-40k unless its NYC or something.

• April
      1 month agoReport

Yeah. Idk. I've also heard there's a lot of clerical positions that train people on the job. I just thought maybe a 2 year degree could increase my earning potential.