Is it possible that hydroxicholoroquine could save tens of thousands of lives if taken as a preventative measure?

if someone who's heatlhy takes it so they don't get malaria then it doesn't cause heart problems sooooooo if someone takes it before they have covid then why would it cause heart problems then?? they're both the same someone healthy taking it before they have a virus so they don' t get the virus or it stays mild. why would it work any differently BEFORE someone gets covid than it does before someone gets malaria. I just don't understand clearly I'm just a dumb girl. 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Check with Rick B.  After conferring with Dr. Bones Spurs (he was telling "all his nurses" to admin Chloroquine to all his COVID positive patients.  After further consultation with Dr. Bone Spurs, Rick B, wrote a standing order to just hang bags of IV Lysol.

Source(s): Rick B. PHD, MD, CRNP, PA, your choice!
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Are you a researcher or a scientist?

• 1 month ago

Nothing indicates that that may be the case (prevention) as its hard to test for something you dont get.  Malaria is an organism (living parasite actually), not even remotely related to a virus (which is not even alive), and their mechanisms of infection are far far different, so you can't extrapolate those results.  The arrhythmias seem to be pretty common and occur in healthy people with underlying health issues. Sometimes the risk outweighs the benefit, which is what most trials with this have found.  Even you know who stopped it.

• 1 month ago

One problem is that no one knows if it prevents the infection, or even minimizes the effects.

That is what controlled clinical trials are for. No such trials have been concluded yet, so there is no answer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You may be a girl, but I don't think you are dumb at all. Since when is logical thinking dumb? The people that are criticizing President Trump for taking it are the dumb ones. Before any medication is prescribed to a patient there are protocols that they are expected to follow. If Hydroxychloroquine is potentially dangerous to a person with a heart condition then that person who has been screened for that won't be prescribed it in the first place. Let's face it, the medication has an 8 or 9-decade history behind it. At this point, I'm sure all the possible contraindications are well known. and when it turns out a couple of years down the road that it saved many, many lives won't those that are criticizing the use of it look stupid and you a very smart girl!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.