Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 1 month ago

Help sleeping!!?

I have a horrible time sleeping.  Can anyone suggest anything? I've tried all the otc stuff doesn't work. I mean like cbd oils, pills...etc? Anything but OTC stuff. Thanks

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 week ago

Hi, Look it is hard to make changes so the mind understand what it is you want it to do. Years of issues and trying many treatments has confused your mind . So, get into a routine every night. Same shutting down every night . This way the mind learns what you want it to do. It's a little like training a puppy dog. I would highly recommend Hypnotherapy to make the changes faster so you can sleep like a baby. Perhaps even self-hypnosis downloads for sleep will help as well. 

Attachment image
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 weeks ago

OMNIA*/SLEEPLESSNESS* CURE WITH/WITHOUT MEDICATION-If you sleep for 6-8 hrs a day, it is normal to sleep.

Bed Basics Gallery: See Tips On How to Get Your Best Sleep

1. One can understand your agony and anxiety.

2. You are not a coward; but, you are "an intelligent daredevil".

3. Anyone or two remedies can ensure you a good sleep. No addiction.

My nephew aged 30 years in 1998 had insomnia issues right from his college days. I started the treatment for his insomnia after 5 years of research. After 15 days, he started bidding me farewell by saying 'Goodnight uncle'. Thereafter I found several remedies for my patients and their feedback also enriched my successes.

1. Kali Phos 6x – 6 tabs sublingual bds daily. +Kaliphos-200C – 6 globules sublingual bds- Weekly one day.

2. I gave my nephew [hardcore insomnia victim] Natrum Muir-6x -6 globules bds Daily = Natrum Muir-200C-6 globules bds Weekly one day.

• All these biochemic salts/Homeo medicines available @ local Homoeo shops are safe and with side benefits. Don’t swallow medicine. The medicine to be dissolved on/under the tongue. Don’t take anything 10 minutes before and 10 minutes after medication. You can take water.

1. Acupressure Massager- Massage* The best remedy for Diabetic Neuropathy.

The God explained, orally, to sages/rishis the ways and means of attaining the Ultimate GOAL to live for 120 years-“Shatamanam Bhavathi” with perfect health. All such preachings are documented, in the Sanskrit Language, in the form of 4 Vedas-Rigveda, Yajurveda, Samaveda, and Atharva Veda. Acupressure & Ayurveda are dealt with by the Rigveda. Target Therapy with the aid of Acupressure Techniques & Indian Natural Remedies, comprising Ayurveda.

. The human body possesses more than 1000 acupressure [remote control] points, spread throughout the body, to regulate the functioning of all internal organs.

Exercising regularly can have far-reaching effects on your sleep patterns - Lack of physical exertion could be the reason behind light or irregular sleep patterns. To remedy the situation, you need to exercise regularly. Heavy cardiovascular exercises are not always necessary; you could do a set of freehand exercises each day for a stretch of twenty minutes to keep healthy. This helps you to get good sleep at night.

Eat healthy to sleep well - The kind of diet you follow can also affect your sleep. If your intake of caffeine, nicotine or alcohol is too high, you are sure to face problems in sleeping. It is necessary for you to eat a light dinner; being overly full or being on an empty stomach can ruin your sleep too. Avoid greasy foods, especially at night, as acidity spoils your intentions of getting a peaceful sleep.

Make sure your night’s sleep is associated with one particular ritual - It is best to accustom your body with a ritual that you particularly carry out before going to bed. For instance, you could take a shower in warm water or massage your head with hot oil before retiring for the day. Such a ritual signals your brain cells that they are required to get some sleep now.

Keep away from electronic gadgets before going to bed - The bright light of television sets, laptop screens, or even cell phones can interfere with your sleep routine. Spending a lot of time on electronic gadgets at night excites your brain neurons, preventing them from any kind of relaxation.

Cut down on sleep during the day - While twenty to thirty-minute long power naps during daytime can help restore drained out energy, longer naps are actually harmful. If you sleep for long stretches in the day, you will invariably fail to get sufficient sleep at night. Hence, remind yourself to not fall prey to the temptations of a comfortable bed during the daytime.

. You can have the best remedy with the aid of the Massager machine [made in China] available all over the USA, China & India. Just apply the machine on both sides of your palms and soles, wrists and ankles. The vibrations created by the massager activate your thyroid gland vis-a-vis all internal organs. It also ensures hormonal balancing.

4. Ask your family member/spouse to press with his/her thumb and middle finger from below the neck to coccyx bone [just above the anus] on your spine up & down for 5 times. And at that time, you just make your mind calm with auto-suggestion that “everything is fine and I am fine’”. You shall fall asleep.

5. After lying on the bed, just keep your mind blank and slowly observe your breath as to through which nostril you inhale and through which other nostrils you exhale for 5 minutes. When you start yawning, slowly fall asleep.

6. Set a sleep schedule: Like children, adults also need to go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day. This should be followed for at least 6 days a week. Having asleep in the day may seem like a good idea but this can affect your ability to go to sleep in time at night and make you wake up the next morning feeling tired. Hence, train your body to sleep and wake up at the same time every day.

7. Avoid stimulants after sunset: Nicotine and caffeine can be very detrimental to your sleep cycle. The effects of these substances can often last for hours. Caffeine not only makes it difficult to fall asleep but can also make a person wake up frequently at night. Alcohol can make a person seem sleepy initially but can make him or her wake up earlier than usual and hence, disrupt the sleep schedule. So, avoid these substances for at least a few hours before going to bed.

8. Instead, you could drink a cup of calming chamomile tea to soothe the nerves and help you sleep well.

Create the right sleep atmosphere: Ban the television, tablet, and other mobile screens from your bedroom. The light from these devices makes it difficult to fall asleep and the material being seen can play on your mind for hours and make you toss and turn. Make your room as dark as possible to make it easier to fall asleep. Using blackout curtains can be a good idea. Also, make sure the noise and temperature levels are conducive to sleep.

1. Exercise: Exercise has many benefits. This includes better sleep quality. A workout tires the body and reduces the chances of waking up in the middle of the night. However, the timing of your exercise routine is very important. The ideal time for a workout is in the early morning or early evening. Do not work out just before going to bed as this can have a stimulating effect on the mind.

2. Limit naps: Avoid napping throughout the day. While this may seem like a good way to catch up on sleep, it can have a detrimental effect on the quality of your night sleep. If you must nap in the afternoon, keep it short. Training your body to associate sleep with darkness can make it easier for you to fall asleep at night.

3. Complete your dinner preferably before sunset or at least by 7.00 P.M. & give rest to your stomach till next day morning breakfast/tea/coffee.

4. Diet enabling sleep-

While some foods are good at inducing sleep, there are others that help you reduce the fatigue that sleeplessness brings in. The following is a list of foods with the most significant benefits outlined.

Fruits:

Cherries: Cherries contain melatonin which controls our biological clock. Often used to combat jetlag, melatonin improves sleep duration and quality of sleep.

Bananas are loaded with potassium and magnesium, which are very good for cardiovascular health and cognitive functioning. They are believed to induce peaceful sleep.

Mangoes help by boosting the immune system and providing a good sleep.

- Blueberries - are believed to reduce oxidative stress and muscle cell inflammation.

Milk: A glass of warm milk includes sleep. Add a pinch of cinnamon and see yourself sleep even better. Scientists believe that tryptophan and serotonin do the magic. Not just milk, even other dairy products like cheese improve your sleep.

Fish: The salmon, sardines, and tuna are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and also contain vitamin B6. Both these are believed to improve cognitive state and are believed to induce restful sleep.

Nuts: Be it walnuts or pecans or cashews, all nuts contain a soothing effect. They are a good source of tryptophan, which is an amino acid responsible for sleep. This releases melatonin and serotonin which regulate the biological clock and manage sleep patterns.

Herbal tea: For instance, chamomile tea and valerian tea act as a mild sedative and encourage healthy sleep. The whole act of brewing the tea with the aroma wafting through the air is believed to promote a soothing effect too. Green tea is also considered to be a sleep-inducing agent.

It is always advised to maintain a lifestyle that allows you to recharge your body with the required amount of sleep. The benefits of a good night's sleep cannot be denied or hidden. On rare occasions, these alternatives could come in handy, both to induce sleep and to fight the fatigue arising out of a lack of it.

Following are tips for improving your sleep:

• Reduce your caffeine intake, especially in the afternoons

• Quit smoking. Limit and/or omit alcohol consumption

• Limit naps to less than one hour, preferably less

• Don’t stay in bed too long—spending time in bed without sleeping leads to more shallow sleep

• Adhere to a regular daily schedule including going to bed and getting up at the same time

• Maintain a regular exercise program. Be sure to complete exercise several hours before bedtime

• Make sure your bed is comfortable. You should have enough room to stretch and turn comfortably. Experiment with different levels of mattress firmness, foam or egg crate toppers, and pillows that provide more support

• Spurgeon3 weeks agoReport

what a comprehensive answer!

• 4 weeks ago

Project Nursery Dreamweaver.  It used to take me two hours to get to sleep.  Now, 15 to 30 minutes max.  I listen to Brahm's Lullaby.  Focus on it and - it works GREAT.  It was my miracle.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

you can start by cutting off the

tea or coffee

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Ann's answer is supportive. I recommend liposomal melatonin from biopureus.com / biopure.eu

and turn off all wlan devices - the best would be to turn off all fuses in the household if possible. 

• Linda1 month agoReport

Thanks!!

• Ann
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Have you tried melatonin? My son uses it and it works great. It helps me get to sleep but I feel groggy the next day. If you've tried all that, it might be time to try a sleep doctor. He may have ideas that we don't even know of. I have a friend who's husband had trouble staying asleep and his doctor prescribe some kind of marijuana. It's changed his life. Sometimes you just have to break down and go to the doctor.

• Linda1 month agoReport

Thanks!! Now that stay at home is lifted...I can actually get an appointment 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.