How come some people can get drunk as hell and still walk straight while others stumble and fall all over the place like a toddler ?

Toddler learning to walk? I can drink a ton and still walk normal. Why is that? 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Because you haven't drunk enough to reach the staggering stage. Everyone gets there if they drink enough.

Drink enough and you won't be able to stand up, let alone walk.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Marvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Different people have different tolerances.

• 1 month ago

I can usually walk, until I got so drunk I couldn't walk

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Some people have a higher tolerance and they're used to drinking all the time for a light weight who they're not used to it it's a lot more complicated.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I'm the same way (I think). I can get drunk as can be and still WALK perfectly normal, but then again, I'm also drunk so my perception may be wrong! 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Alcohol affects people in different ways. I used to know one man who would drink five or six pints of home brew beer before even turning out to drink. He had an enormous capacity for alcohol and yet I never saw him show any sign of being even tipsy.

I've also known many people who felt that they could “handle their alcohol” and be honestly unaware of how drunk they seemed to be to everyone else.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You only Think you can. I'll bet a police officer and a breathalyzer will think different. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.