Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

If the president made good on this threats and actually sent the military to combat protesters, to the point of bombing, what would happen?

Real talk. Not joking, not being mean, just straight up wondering how the worse case scenario would play out.

If something so extreme happened, to where Trump sent the military to basically crush the protests with bombing campaigns, how would the rest of America react?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • RICK
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Using active duty military forces against US citizens is against the constitution,  if Trump does it he will be impeached  again

• 2 months ago

NO ONE proposed anything remotely resembling bombing.

You are straight up trying to incite rioting.

• Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

one, it is illegal to use the military to quell civilian uprisings.   the military leaders would literally refuse to carry out any such orders.

that being said, the National Guard, a state-run entity, can, will, and has been used to enforce curfews or other peacekeeping measures.  

bombing would never be an option.  non-lethal measures would be used first and lethal measures only in extreme situations.

• Squid
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Bombing has never been an option.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I can't see even a wannabe autocrat like Trump immediately bombing civilians - and I think if he tried it then there would be enough people in the military that would be willing to be court martialed rather than do it. However if it DID get that far that is essentially a civil war. How that would go depends on where the power lies. However no nuclear armed country has ever had a civil war (although Russia did come close and Pakistan is never the most stable place) it could feasibly be the end of the world.

• 2 months ago

I think someone would have him committed, or worse, and Mike Pence would become the next President.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.