Do you find Starbucks to be kind of Pretensious?

Why not just buy coffee locally, you're helping your town and it tastes better.

• Lilly

I swear I have never bought anything at a Starbucks. Ever. I have had a few people buy me a drink from there. That's it. I think I walked into one, once.

• audrey

Yes I do. I can drink all the coffee I want for a month for what one cup of Starbucks costs.

• Olive

I don't care for Starbucks coffee

• Ben

As if purchasing Starbucks in itself isn't an act of support something local.

One, Starbucks is franchised, so most are locally owned. Two, local coffee "tastes better"? That's not necessarily true. In fact, very often it's absolutely false. As for pretentiousness, no, I don't find Starbucks to be particularly pretentious. It's a fast-food chain. By analogy, if all coffee houses are burger joints, Starbucks is McDonald's. 

• Frank1 month agoReport

You fool! Those franchisees are all pretensious rich snobs who play golf. 

Well, they have a drive through. I'm not against trying local coffee, I just don't notice those shops as much. Plus I like fancy drinks, not sure other places have all those options