Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Is this rude?

I was wondering where I could purchase some kudzu seeds or pods since I was thinking about planting some kudzu in our neighborhood. I've been told by someone not to do it since it's an "invasive species" and that in some states, it is illegal to grow it. What the heck is an "invasive species?" I thought planting trees and other things is supposed to help the environment so why the heck would it be illegal? So this brings me to this question. Would it be rude or even illegal to plant kudzu? I am really considering purchasing the seeds to plant them in my neighborhood, but I do not know where I can find them. I really need help first please on where I could buy the seeds or whatever is needed to grow it. I greatly appreciate any advice and comments. Thank you very much!

you can probably find it for free anywhere along a country road or freeway, but i wouldn't transplant it without first inquiring with city officials and your neighbors.

• Foofa

If you plant them in your own yard and CAREFULLY control the spread you might be okay. But kudzu is known to spread rapidly and to choke the life out of other plants. It's kind of like starting a wildfire and thinking you can control that. You shouldn't do it. 

you might be able to get it from amazon since they sell everything

Look up the meaning of rude.  It doesn't not fit into what you are saying.  An invasive species is an uncontrollable weed.  Plant it in a pot, not in the ground, or it will send out roots throughout your yard and the neighbors and it will "take over everything" - that's what an invasive species does.  You will have to check and see if it is legal to plant where you live.  We aren't mind readers and nobody is going to check laws for you.